Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatable s8 with ee

Fluff5
Investigator
Investigator

I moved to EE from BT in Dec.

Since then I am unable to use mobile data as I am to my S8 is not compatable with EE

I tried a another sim from 02 

Which worked fine with data and phone.

This is very frustrating as Samsung say there is no issue

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fluff5

Welcome to the community.

Are you on contract or pay as you go? Do you have an active data allowance on that SIM card?

Chris

Thanks Mark
On Contract 20gig of Data Non used!!!
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you say your S8 is not compatible, what do you mean? Where was it purchased from?

You've not mentioned any problems making or receiving calls, so I presume that your phone is connecting to EE's network.

And if so, then problems with mobile data could just be a config issue - especially if the phone was previously used on a different network.

Thank you for response.The phone was was purchased unlocked and new 3 years ago.I was with BT who then I was told were no longer having mobile deals so we were moved to ee.Since that time in my office I am told not registered on Network. I have no mobile data all of which I had from BT.
I spoke to Samsung yesterday who were unaware of any issues.I put an 02 SIM which worked with no issues 
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Fluff5 

If you click HERE you will be able to send configuration messages to your phone so you can use the Internet and MMS again.