cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 performance is poor

Smokinson
Contributor
Contributor

I've received and starting using my new Samsung a53 5g. I find it's performance to be poorer than any. Phone I've owned despite reassurances from the ee salesman who persuaded me to chose this phone. Its lags horribly. 5g seems slightly worse than the 4g network I was using previously. I was told that despite being a midrange phone compared to my 2 year old s10 performance would be significantly better due to it being a much newer phone and it being a 5g connection. Instead I've found the performance to be infuriating. Web pages frequently don't load or take an unacceptable time to update. Bearing in mind this isn't the phone I wanted and the considerably inflated charge for using the ee network I'm very disappointed.  Also I was not made aware during the upgrade process that I'd be losing basic benefits such as free roaming and free calls to 08 numbers etc.  I feel conned by your upgrades team. Vodafone offer the same phone with more data more benefits and significantly cheaper. You refused to match their price with a everlasting list of weaker and weaker excuses. And the phone is hopeless, despite reducing the refresh rate to 60hz and stopping all background app activity it still lags and freezes regularly. I'm within 14 days of contract start. I wanted the pixel 6a but was talked into having a phone that clearly doesn't have adequate hardware. I've been a customer since 1998 (orange). Can you help me please. I'm unhappy with the phone and the way the contact was sold

9 REPLIES 9
Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

My work uses this model as a work phone and I agree it’s a laggy mess. On paper the specs are great but the Samsung bloat ware and harsh battery management make it almost unusable in my opinion. (It seems to be a general issue with Samsung handsets at the moment)

Personally, if you can return it I would. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Smokinson   You say you wasn’t made aware that you’ll loose free roaming the question is did you ask about it ?    Anyone who took out a contract after the 7/7/21 doesn’t get free roaming and has to purchase an add on or be charged the £2 daily rate for when they use their device abroad.     The UK isn’t in the EU any more so obviously things have changed because of that.   EE doesn’t price match and never has.   Just to check is that Voda contract where you purchase the device over two years and the tariff is actually over 36 months? 

What are the next two digits of that 08 number ?   08 is a bit vague as some 08 numbers will use your call allowance and some 08 have always been chargeable, and nothing has changed in that respect to your previous contract with EE. 

As for the device if you wanted a Pixel  why did you go with a different one ?  It your choice not EEs choice.  

The numbers are 084 and 087. I'm aire these were included in my max plan of the last 2 years. I didn't realise all customers regardless of plan pay the £2 roaming charge. I wanted the 6a cos its a better, smaller phone. It's available direct from Vodafone with te plan I want plus free roaming for £0 upfront 21.99/month. EE wanted £30 upfront and 29.99/month. Was socked that they refused to budge citing repeatedly their beat network 9 years in a row. They eventually persuaded me to have a35 se for 25/month with all previous benefits from my s10 max plan lost. I didn't ask on the phone because I assumed it was on the company to explain your new tariff. I've since a read a multitude of Internet experiences of this phone being very well known for lagging because its mediocre chipset.ive read the 6a outperforms the a53 in almost every test. Just don't understand why ee could move AT ALL for a customer of 26 years. 4 hours spennt on chat followed by an hour on the phone.

Always found ee customer service been good.

Is anyone I'm speaking to from EE?

Thanks and regards,

Sam

If you bought over phone or online then I believe you have a 14 day cooling off period. So if yre within the 14 days and bought online or through phone then send back. 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Smokinson
Contributor
Contributor

I blame Kevin Bacon landing aircraft on thiervbroadband network. Customers that want a cheap midrange mobile deal pay th price for ludicrous broadband speeds and celebrities fees.

Sorry I'm angry 

@Smokinson wrote - I blame Kevin Bacon landing aircraft on thiervbroadband network. Customers that want a cheap midrange mobile deal pay th price for ludicrous broadband speeds and celebrities fees.

Kevin Bacon knows as much about landing that aeroplane as I know that putting Man on the Moon.

Sorry, got to go, I've got a Rocker with a Fuel Leak that needs fixing.

@Smokinson wrote:
The numbers are 084 and 087. I'm aire these were included in my max plan of the last 2 years.

084 & 087 "service numbers" are now always chargeable unless you have a rare bundle which allows them.

These numbers are now unlawful for organisations to use in many scenarios and a landline number equivalent is very often available.

Ok thank you

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Smokinson

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you purchased the phone online or over the phone, you have 14 days from receiving the device to let us know you would like to return this. 

Full details and how to let us know can be found in our Returning a phone or device within 14 days, Help page. 

If you would like to discuss the new contract and roaming charges, please call us on 150. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.