cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi

pinksapphire
Visitor

Hiya,

currently very confused. Spoke to a EE tech advisor on Friday about my EE underground WiFi not working for about two weeks -he said I needed to go to a tube station to run tests on the connection but I couldn’t do it then. So I called tech support today, and spoke to another advisor - who has told me you only get WiFi on the underground now if you’re on a pay monthly plan?? If so this is so irritating. I’ve been trying to connect for about two weeks and I was not made aware of any change - I’ve been with EE 6 years and this is a terrible way to treat your pay as you go customers. 
can someone please tell me what’s the truth here? I’m extremely confused and considering moving to another phone provider if there is no PAYG access to underground WiFi. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How do I use WiFi on the London Underground? :

Pay as you go customers:

If you're an EE pay as you go customer with a WiFi-enabled device, you can get WiFi on the London Underground if you've topped up your account with at least £5 within the last 30 days.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How do I use WiFi on the London Underground? :

Pay as you go customers:

If you're an EE pay as you go customer with a WiFi-enabled device, you can get WiFi on the London Underground if you've topped up your account with at least £5 within the last 30 days.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)