cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go wifi

Andrew12341
Investigator
Investigator

I have a payg wireless router and I cannot access my data usage or top up. I think ive run out of data but it's still on. How do I fix this so I can view my data usage and if required buy more. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andrew12341 : Visit http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see what data add-ons are available.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for response. Ive tried that page and I can't view my data or add on.  It's just says disconnect from wifi and try again. When I've had access to the data usage page it shows the same data usage and 'waiting' next to it and that's not possible as I've used it! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

What happens when you try to view it when not connected to WiFi, @Andrew12341?

Chris

hi.  the browser tells me im offline and i cant see the page.  i then reconnect and the same thing happens i.e. i cant view data usage or add ons.  the thing is though the internet is still connected!?!?!?!?

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Andrew12341 

Have you set up an EE Online account?

Chris

yes i have an account.  i can sometimes get through to the payment top up BUT i then cannot get onto the page where i dad on data - so i top up the credit and cant get see the options e.g. 20GB data to the n use that credit.  I dont want to pay and then i cant use the credit and i dont want ee trying to levy charges gainst me on a PAYG router either tbh.  

Leanne_T

Hi @Andrew12341 

If you open your browser on a device connected to the mobile router and go to add-on.ee.co.uk and select purchase, does this show you the data add-ons available?

Thanks

Hi

yes ive been on that page before and i can see my data BUT its the same amount of data being shown as before which probably not possible.  I can probably top up now and hopefully if i can get back onto the my data page ill be able to use the credit BUT im still confused as to why the data usage being shown is not changing.  Ive got 3 lots of data shown and all say 'waiting' - when i go to the buy data bit i cant get access to purchase but i can probably do this through the ee account but im still reluctant to buy incase i cant actually use it.  Surely the internet would just stop if i dont have data???? 

Leanne_T

Hi @Andrew12341 

If you call us from any phone on 07953 966 150, the team can check the account for you and make sure any credit added can be used for a data add-on. 

Leanne.