cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to my old pack - i was unaware buying a pack was going to cancel the usua

earthsongwoman1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was on a £5 a month pack and on thursday (yesterday) I rang ee to buy more data for a week, the person on the phone said it was cheaper to buy a pack though I didn't need phone time or mins - I agreed but I had no idea I was putting myself on a monthly arrangement at £10 a month! I just wanted a one time pack, not to change my regular amount - now I look and can't see a pack for only £5 a month and I feel totally ripped off, I was encouraged to do something that changes my monthly payments   - doubles them in fact, and I don't need the extra data or phone time on a regular basis. Please advise how i return to my original £5 a month pack. If this is not possible I can assure you I will be leaving EE

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@earthsongwoman1   Sounds like you’ve been putting a contract. You need to call customer services and tell them you don’t want it you have a 14 day calling off period. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The £5 pack is a legacy pack. Once you stop it or switch to a more modern dearer pack you can't go back to it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I was not told this though - i effectively was tricked into spending more money when my legacy pack could have continued. I was not aware of the choice I was making - I feel like this is illegal. I will be making a complaint officially

@earthsongwoman1  If you agreed to move to a contract you would of had the terms and conditions given to you including the yearly price increase conditions. 
This is all part of the agreement to have a contract and that you have to agree to it before you can have said contract.   Not sure how you think you were miss sold as you agreed to it.    You could have simply said NO.   not understanding what you’re agreeing to is down to you and you simply had to ask.  

It was not a monthly contract - nor was I read any terms or conditions, or given any indication I was changing away from my regular£5 pack - I was asking for data add on and told this was what to go. it was not an add on, I was clear I didn't want to lose my pack - just wanted data.