cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it?

Nealy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I received a txt on the 22nd April of this year... informing me I needed to make a chargeable call/txt, so I added £5 credit to my account.

Today I received a txt again to inform me that "as I haven't made a chargeable call/txt my number would be deleted.

Anyone from EE care to comment  ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nealy :When did you previously to 22 Apr. make a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Nealy

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If you give us a call on 150, the team will certainly get your account looked into to see why this text has been sent. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nealy :When did you previously to 22 Apr. make a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Nealy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you XRayEpeX for your reply..

I'm kinda outside of the UK mist of the year. I generally make that chargeable call /txt on receiving EE messages or top up when necessary. 

My concern was... I topped up on April and less than a month they are hibernating my number.

Not very encouraging.

Nealy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Leanne for your reply..

I 'm currently in Thailand and not prepared to pay the £1.80 per minute call.

I will on the otherhand be back in the UK within the next 3 months.

EE should consider their customers, It costs a fortune  just to retain a UK while living abroad.

@Nealy wrote:

EE should consider their customers, It costs a fortune  just to retain a UK while living abroad.

EE is a UK operator and thus services are intended for UK residents, not those living abroad. EE's contact methods are also UK-based.

Nealy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry... but as a UK citizen and paying customer I entitled to the same benefits/restrictions regardless of where I live.