cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I have to spend 25 minutes on the phone and do some weird screen share?

worcsguy
Investigator
Investigator

Signed up for a 1 month rolling contract data only sim online,  which was sent to me yesterday. On trying it out today I had to call EE as the speed seemed to be capped. Turns out I had somehow signed up to a no frills capped plan. The agent told me to cancel it as I was within the 14 days, then order the correct plan online again. I did this but this time I got a link telling me to do a screen share to read and accept terms and conditions with an agent. 25 minutes of my time! I've never in my life had to do anything like that. It's not even like I'm buying a top of the range Audi or something, just a 1 month contract data sim!! Plus, 4 days ago when ordering the original sim I didn't have to do any of this. I've seen other posts about this so I know it's not a scam but it seems complete overkill not to mention wasting 30 minutes of my time for this bizarre process. What's it all about?! Why didn't I have to do it the first time? Makes no sense to me!

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @worcsguy 

This sounds like a security process. It could be that the system has recognised that you've ordered recently. Sorry that it took a while to go through, but thanks for sticking with it.

Chris