cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get charged for using a cellular apple watch whilst in Guernsey?

TheOnlyMatt
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

EE says on there website linked below that I will not be charged roaming fees in Guernsey because my contract has started before the 7th July 2021. Which is all good and is correct as when in Guernsey I am not charged roaming fees, now comes the confusion.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/guernsey

I am looking at getting an apple watch with cellular with EE, when I look on the website I can choose my plan, some of the options are below:

- 4GB data - Share minutes and text allowance from your current plan, receive/send calls and texts just like your phone, uses same phone number as your phone. If I choose this option will I get charged for roaming through my apple watch? Will it update my phones plan and mean I will now get charged roaming on my phone also? Or will I not be charged roaming at all as it's basically just using my phone? 

- Unlimted data - To sync up to our network you will need to be on an EE plan, watch will have it's own phone number. Same questions as above, I would think this one is more likely to inccur roaming fees as its got it's on phone number?

If I change anything about my plan will I end up having to pay the roaming fees or will I not because my plan was started before 7th July 2021, I assume it would only change if I cancelled my plan and started it again?

In short I want to know if I can get n cellular apple watch through EE without having to pay roaming fees on either the apple watch or my already standing plan (which I currently pay no roaming fees on).

Thank you for your help! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@TheOnlyMatt , you need to have your phone near you when roaming, as the cellular will only work in the UK, there is no roaming plan for the watch, so if you want to go abroad, make sure that you have your phone with you and nearby, so that the watch will work using bluetooth.

As you started your plan before 7th July 2021,, there is no change with roaming fees, only if you change your plan, that is upgrade, start again. Hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@TheOnlyMatt , you need to have your phone near you when roaming, as the cellular will only work in the UK, there is no roaming plan for the watch, so if you want to go abroad, make sure that you have your phone with you and nearby, so that the watch will work using bluetooth.

As you started your plan before 7th July 2021,, there is no change with roaming fees, only if you change your plan, that is upgrade, start again. Hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@TheOnlyMatt  HERES  the T&Cs of Watch tariffs.   

If or when EE do make roaming for the watch it’ll need a roaming add on as your current tariff is for the phone not any connected devices on your account.    The watch is a separate tariff to your phone and has its own data allowance and only your calls/texts are shared across to the watch.