cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A one off payment

djdan1973
Visitor

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i took out a new contract with EE last week and had to phone to give more information which i did do, the lady told me i would have to pay a £50 deposit for the phone but said if i didn't want international calling, the fee wouldn't be added which i agreed to, the phone was sent the next day and a few days got my first bill with the £50 still added on, i phoned and spoke to someone who said that they would take it off for me but still today it is showing on the bill????

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@djdan1973  It’ll show on the bill as you already have that.  That bill amount will not change.  What you’ll probably find is that EE will change the amount they’ll take as payment.   This £50 deposit is a refundable deposit that you get back in 3 months anywhere.  Its only to have roaming enable early and it’s something that EE needs to stop doing automatically as you don’t know about it until your billed. Even if you pay it you can request it back. 

endgame7
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Exactly the same happened to me. I’ve only been with them for 2 months. And the first bill showed that £50 charge. I rang them and they said it was a deposit for roaming. It got removed. I have just got my new bill today and it’s back again. Hope this gets removed again and doesn’t happen every month. I don’t need any extra money worries. Hopefully it’s just a computer error. I’m not complaining about EE staff as they have ALWAYS been great with me as I have broadband too for 2 years. I’ll just ring them again in the morning when they are open. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @endgame7

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The Roaming fee that shows on your EE bill does this show as '-£50.00'?

Is your final bill amount £50.00  extra?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

gskl
Investigator
Investigator

I am having the exact same issue. I couldn't even identify why I had been charged because neither the mobile app or the website ever work! All I get is the usual 'something went wrong from our side' message. Customer service is usually good however they shouldn't have to be relied on; the website should work in the first place and people should know exactly what they're being charged in advance!

I even had to order my SIM card over the phone because the website is so bad it was physically impossible to buy anything. 

Does anyone know if the deposit is refunded when you have got data roaming as part of your package? 

Leanne_T

Hi @gskl 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Do you get the error message in your My EE on the app and a web browser? 

Did you pay the deposit to use Roaming and would like this to be removed? 

Leanne.

aqngo
Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Hi EE Support, could you point me to the Terms and Conditions Section where this deposit is mentioned?

James_B

Welcome to the EE Community, @aqngo 

Roaming deposits are mentioned in Roam Further and Roam Abroad Passes Terms & Conditions | Help | EE.

Hope this helps.

James