cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi-calling problem

AndyKay1
Investigator
Investigator

I bought a used Microsoft Lumia 640 phone locked to the EE network, I installed a new EE sim card and sent the message STOP PACK to 150. EE confirmed. I topped up the card using my EE account.

I selected my Virgin Media wifi router for wifi access and the phone shows connected.

Is there any reason why the phone won't receive text messages over wifi?

12 REPLIES 12

@AndyKay1 , the link I gave you shows you should be able to use wifi calling and how to make sure it is set up correctly, which I am surprised, as it is an old make and not one of the newer ones, which Microsoft stopped making and since 2020, here is how to make sure that wifi-calling is enabled:

Change your Wi-Fi calling settings
On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > cellular +SIM > SIM settings, and under Calling preference, tap WiFi preferred. mobile preferred or wifi only.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@shockwaveThank you Shockwave you fixed my problem. It was off. Sorry to have been so slow but as old as this phone is, smart phones are new to technology to me. I've managed to avoid them until now, and at almost seventy it's all a bit of a challenge for me. The EE community is wonderful. Thank you all.

@AndyKay1 , thank you for coming back and letting me know, glad I was able to help, you are welcome.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.