cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Nokia 2140 working

jrlarsen
Explorer

Hi, I still have my old Orange Nokia 2140 (1996). Is it possible to get an EE SIM for it and will it work on the network? Many thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, but it might need unlocking.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Wowsers, that's impressive, @jrlarsen!

As @XRaySpeX said, it probably needs to be unlocked.

Chris

I found it in its box in the attic. Seems to be in perfect condition.

Thanks for the unlocking link. It'll be fun to get it up and running.

Hi, how did you get on with your Nokia 2140? Did you manage to get it unlocked ok? And does it work on the EE network with a new SIM? 

Leanne_T

Morning @David2140

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you would like to get the device unlocked, please see our Unlocking your mobile phone or device, article 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

David2140
Investigator
Investigator

How did you get on with your Nokia? Is it working yet? I’m still waiting on my unlock code but I may need a 16k sim card, is this something ee can supply?@XRaySpeX 

James_B

Hi @David2140,

Your phone should work with a modern SIM card. The problem you may face is that due to the phone's age it doesn't support all the network bands currently in use by the EE network.

James

@James_B Thanks James. Does EE still support 1800 Mhz band? That is what this handset operated on.

4DFDF1F1-0005-4C3C-A304-987928C91CAF.jpeg

James_B

Hi @David2140,

Yes, we still use 1800MHz along with several other bands.

James