cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS verification code from Bank blocked by EE!

orrla
Contributor
Contributor

From last Tuesday, 29/11/22, SMS verification codes from my Bank in Poland are not getting through to my EE phone in UK. 

I am not able to access my money!

I reported this issue on Nov. 30th, (ID: 19393710), spoke to 150, was called back on 2nd Dec/22, at 6pm, and after long session of listening to Christmas songs, and answering same questions over and over again, I was told that there in nothing that could be done.

So again, I asked to look at exactly same problem I had with EE in Dec, 2020, (ID:14510264), that it was sorted then, but was told that she will call me back on 3rd, Dec, at 6pm, waited but, no call was made!

I have no access to my Bank account, but EE seem not to care!

What else can I do?

Bank tells me the issue is with the Operator, ... not uncommon I can see from this forum!

Can EE sort it out, PLEASE?!!

Many thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you spoken to EE C/S to follow up on the fault cases that were raised? That would be the recommended issue here.

This advice presumes you can receive text messages from other mobile users and indeed other UK-originated OTP's - if not, that would make this a different problem.

Yes, all was checked. Phone, texts from UK, all ok.

It all worked until Monday!

It stopped.

ID numbers I wrote above are for my C/S cases. 

That new one supposed to call me las nigh but did no!  ... living me in dark!

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There isn't any account access on this public internet forum, hence the suggestion to call C/S for an update on your raised cases.

If I call, will I get same woman?  ..she was not very helpful!

Hi @orrla 

Have you made sure international calls and text are activated on your account.

Also make sure you've used +44 on your bank app. It maybe they cannot send text messages internationally? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

This is exactly the same phone I used day before, and again and again for months, and all worked!  Nothing to do with my phone! 

There is an error somewhere in programming, texts from a Bank in PL are blocked, probably recognised as spam, ..as in 2020, and it needs to be corrected.

'Not our fault' attitude does not get anyone anywhere.

Sure, I'll call 150 again tomorrow. Thanks!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @orrla

I'm sorry this has happened when you called, please try us again and the team will see what they can do to get this sorted for you. 

Leanne.

orrla
Contributor
Contributor

All right! Thanks!

So I called, everyone was nice indeed, told me they will look into it and call me back - and since Tuesday I keep missing their calls (you know, I do go to bathroom or shop). Now I got txt case is resolved and closed BUT NO SMS COME THROUGH STILL!

Yeah, I am listening to Merry Xmas songs now...

How frustrating! No access to my online bank accounts in PL for 10 days now!!!!!