cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Abroad Pass

Corinne72
Visitor

Hi,
I am new to EE and have Roam Abroad Pass included in my 24 months contract.
Can you confirm the following please?

1. Do I need to inform EE when I go abroad?
  2. Is there a maximum data allowance abroad, even if I have unlimited data at home?
  3. Finally, anything else I should consider if go abroad for a long period? I will be going to France and Spain for 3 to 4 months in April.

Thank you

Corinne 72

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Long-term & frequent use abroad does fall under the "Stable Links" policy which is detailed on page 3 of Roaming T&C but broadly requires residency in the UK for 2 months in every 4.

Data usage whilst roaming is subject to a 50Gb FUP, assuming your UK allowance is greater than that.

You don't need to inform EE every time you travel, but you do need to ensure global roaming is enabled on your phone separately from whatever billing add-ons you may have. This is crucial in allowing your phone to connect to foreign networks, and without which you won't get coverage abroad. Text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK - there is no charge for this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Long-term & frequent use abroad does fall under the "Stable Links" policy which is detailed on page 3 of Roaming T&C but broadly requires residency in the UK for 2 months in every 4.

Data usage whilst roaming is subject to a 50Gb FUP, assuming your UK allowance is greater than that.

You don't need to inform EE every time you travel, but you do need to ensure global roaming is enabled on your phone separately from whatever billing add-ons you may have. This is crucial in allowing your phone to connect to foreign networks, and without which you won't get coverage abroad. Text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK - there is no charge for this.