cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE blocking Amazon Verification Codes

Bel64
Investigator
Investigator

I am unable to update my Amazon password or connect to my Alexa as both require a verification code from Amazon, spoke with Amazon who went through lengthy checks, all correct their end of they are saying EE need to remove blocks? I can see this has been raised before on the EE forum but can’t find any resolution posts 

20 REPLIES 20
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Bel64 

Welcome to the EE community

You've not said, so I'll ask for clarity - are these text message codes you're asking about?

If so, EE certainly don't block any of these incoming messages. Can you receive text messages from other users or indeed other companies/organisations?

Amazon are the only organisation I can’t get a code from, my bank can send them and yes they should come through as a text message, Amazon agent said to ask EE to check blocks 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bel64,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have Amazon checked that your mobile number is correct and stored in the correct format?

James

TimHuckle
Investigator
Investigator

Resolved same issue as a sender struggling to reach EE customers via AWS today.  

The default sender for AWS SMS (via the SNS service) is 'NOTICE', certainly in eu-west*.  Not sure if it's region specific.

NOTICE it seems is a blocked word by BT/EE and whilst not specifically listed in the below, I suspect it's a qualifying variation of 'Notify'.

https://support.esendex.co.uk/article/sms/upcoming-bt-ee-sender-restrictions-from-10-july-2023/

We resolved it by setting a custom sender string in the mobile messaging section of SNS.

Kelly1906
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this problem?  I am having the same problem right now, it's very frustrating not being able to sign into my account due to the OTP code not coming threw to my phone.

Katie_B

Hello @Kelly1906

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you able to receive other verification codes OK?

Katie

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Yes I received other on time passwords from my bank and PayPal for example, it just seems to be Amazon that is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @Kelly1906

Have you tried contacting Amazon?

Kaite

Kelly, what specific Amazon service are you expecting SMS for,  accessing your Amazon customer account or Amazon AWS console access or something else?

To EE:  you have years of customers complaining about one of the largest brands in the world being unable to deliver SMS messages to you.   Since it is you that chose to block SMS’s, might it be actually on you to resolve the issue with Amazon rather than sending customers on a magic roundabout.