cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trapped in San Diego. No ring tone, unable to make regular calls or text

TerryAN
Investigator
Investigator

I arrived in USA.  My roaming pack is not working properly. I cannot make or receive calls. I contacted tech services on Thursday. They said they would contact me by email after two hours on Skype.  They have not done so.  .The tech guy even had me reset the phone.   I cannot use my bank cards who now think I have a security problem because I cannot offer phone verification.  I am completely stuck and entirely dependent on others

.  I joined EE coming across with BT deal because of the plan covering the US.  I have seen  I saw a rogue number on my account and I wonder if my package for roaming is linked to the phone number the sim came with rather than the number I ported in.   Is this a common problem.   Right now I am up … creek 

I also put a spending cap on the account which the tech guy had me remove because he felt it was blocking access to the phone calling?      He said my roaming package was functioning  and checked because I was panicked over potential roaming cost. We know the phone works with a friend sim.  I can get on line with no problem. .  I am desperate to get this sorted.  I am 

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TerryAN    Are you on contract or PAYG ? 

I am on contract. I was with BT and transferred directly from them to EE. It has been a saga from the beginning
Sent from my iPad

@TerryAN  Did you activate roaming on your account ?  This is done by texting ROAMING to 150 or by calling customer services.  Purchasing add-ons doesn’t enable roaming.    If roaming is enabled on your account have you tried a manual network search?  You should never reset your device when abroad and I’m not sure why you got told to do this as this is not guaranteed to fix a network connection issue especially if your device was ok before you left the UK.    Just a restart of the device is sufficient to reset a network connection but  roaming needs to be enabled on your account for you to connect to a roaming network. 

1. Yes. I believe so but perhaps the texting did not work. I do not normally text and have had nothing but problems since beginning with EE about 5 weeks ago.
2. I reset under instruction from EE tech team with whom I spent more than an hour via Skype. I was exceedingly reluctant to do so, as I was to remove spending cap …. I am very dissatisfied and uncertain about the kinds of advice. I want someone to review the recording of my conversation.
Sent from my iPad
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TerryAN,

Were Technical Support able to confirm if roaming was activated on your account?

Which roaming add-on do you have?

Did removing your spend cap resolve the issue?

James

Yes they confirmed roaming account on.

I have the account which covers the US at £15 pcm

And clearly no removing spending cap has changed nothing. In fact at one point he said the problem was initiated because I put the cap on after confirming the roaming and then intimated because I had not added a credit card (it did not ask for one and I did not expect to give one as I have an account) it (the cap) blocked the phone calling facility
Sent from my iPad
James_B

Is your pass showing as an active add-on in the My EE app @TerryAN?

James

I have 5 showing as active: double data reward, special EE/BT discount, double data reward, Wi-Fi coverage boost, roam abroad pass and 2.29 per day eu
Sent from my iPad
Leanne_T

Hi @TerryAN 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Can you receive texts at all? 

Have you tried manually connecting to other networks? 

Leanne.