cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G still not available to PAYG customers !!!

DJHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

Please advise a date when 5G will be available on PAYG.  Having been an EE customer for many years I recently purchased a new 5G enabled handset.  I am shocked to find out that EE have still not enabled 5G in their PAYG plans.  Come on EE, you shouldn't still be trying to force your loyal customers onto monthly contracts.  I will give it a another couple of weeks then a move to "1pMobile" will be my solution.  

43 REPLIES 43
Gregglesphoto
Contributor
Contributor

It probably gets asked a lot but does anyone know if payg will get 5g support?

I have a 5g phone and am on a £10 pack but would like to have 5g as an option 

Hi @Gregglesphoto 

There is no published timescale for 5G on PAYG.

PAYG users continue to use the 4G network.

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@DJHarvey  At present it’s not available and they’ll announce this when their good and ready and not before.   Personally I don’t see it happening at this side of Christmas as it took awhile before PAYG users got to use 4G for calls/texts.

Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@DJHarvey , 4G is still good, 5G still does not exists everywhere, and at present it is only available to contract customers, here in the forum we have no idea, not sure whether customer service can give you any update.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Out of interest, what do you want to do with your phone for which 4G isn't sufficient?

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

4G is actually better to use in certain situations - 5G (depending on your phones modem) will actually drain the battery faster than 4G

EE Community Support Team. Update please.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJHarvey

Thanks for coming here. 

You would need a 5G pay monthly plan and 5G device to access the 5G network. 

Leanne.

DJHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

EE Community Support Team. Update please of date for PAYG 5g support.