cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data

megan1987
Explorer

Hi i have upgraded my sim deal i have unlimited data and told and give husband up to 100

warning data running out i confussed thank

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@megan1987  On a unlimited tariff if it’s a 4G unlimited allowance you can only gift from the first 100 gig of that unlimited allowance if it’s a 5G unlimited tariff if you can only gift from the first 120 gig of that 5G tariff.   

when you start to use that tariff data allowance you are using the data amount that you can gift so that is why it is good to gift as soon as your billing cycle start’s again. 

Hi yeah i 4g says unlimited i 100
data i share 40 and left 60 only 18 left i had sharing data on phone so kids cqn watch u tube on ipad over weekend at caravan and my fire stick so donthis mean i only got 18 left for
self to last 20
september? thank u

Get Outlook for iOS<>

no you will still have unlimited data on yre account. But will only be able to gift out of the first 100gb you use. So once you used 100gb you can no longer gift any data to another account till yre plan resets but yre phone itself will still have data

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

Look at it this way, you have Unlimited Data plus 100gb Giftable Data so let's say in realality your Plan is (UL DATA plus 100gb) as you start to use your Own Data each Fresh Month, you actually eat into the 100gb First before you use your Unlimited Data, so at the start of each Monthly Refresh Date, let's say you use 51gb of Data yourself before doing any Gifting, you now only have 49gb left to Gift, that's why it's important, as @Chris_B says, to do All of your Data Gifting at the start of each Month. example if you Gift 100gb to another Sim Number the 100gb is Safe (it's been Parked on another Number), then you just carry on using your UL Data yourself. 

I'll add similar issue to this - I upgraded to unlimited data from 160gb data plan, but it's telling that I have just 100gb left now. Not at single word about sharing/gifting of the data.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 09.50.20.png

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @some1,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can make sure the right plan has been setup on your account.

Thanks

James