cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data add-ons to preserve data

DeathMole
Explorer

I recently purchased the "unlimited data for 24 hours" add-on when I was low on data but knew I was going to be using a lot. I had about 2gb left to see me to the end of the month and figured I would preserve it.

Once I activated the unlimited data I went on to use my phone like I had unlimited data (because I did) but to my surprise I still got the text to let me know I've used all of my data and it would reset in the 23rd. 

Now I'm sure it's probably in the T+C's somewhere but that doesn't make it any less of a con. Surely you can fix this as I was about to do it again now and I am thinking I won't bother just on principle. What's the point in getting unlimited for it to then take my remaining 4gb data before it starts using the unlimited?

This is pretty much just a rant but if it shouldn't have happened then that would be good to know too.

edit: I just want to add that the signal also tanked at midnight so I couldn't use it for my intended use anyway. Does 24 hours only mean for that day then it goes on to my limited speed data at midnight. I expected to get until around 7pm the following day

Thanks, Phil.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your normal data allowance is used up 1st before the add-on is called upon. That's why it's an add-on.

See EE pay monthly data add-on T&Cs :

One-off data passes
Any remaining allowance data will be used first.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Probably didn't mean to but that answer came across very arrogant. I did say in my original post "it's probably in the T+C's" but definitely puts me off using it to be honest since it wouldn't impact the company in the slightest to allow people to use it as I originally intended to use it. So in the long run EE probably get less money from me. Also didn't answer my edit? In addition do the speeds get reduced when you get the 20% remaining message as mine seemed to yesterday.

Sorry, I can't see how you can read that way!

I'm not obliged to address every point of your post. Others may come along to cover that. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DeathMole 

Speeds aren't reduced when you reach the last 20% if your allowance.

Chris

Lucasisa_weirdo
Visitor

Yeah I have this same problem but Instead the first time I redeemed it I had unlimited for the set time period and then I had it the second time I redeemed it but I activated the pack earlier today and my data usage seems to be going up like I don't understand like sort your stuff out EE 😡🤬😠