cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLIMITED data and tethering

Raspberryfinn
Investigator
Investigator

First and foremost the word UNLIMITED means there's no limit. No one can redefine this. If I bought the unlimited plan, and use a million terabytes every day, it's still fair, because the the plan is UNLIMITED. If EE says " oh 600GB is fair limit, ohh 12 device, oh this or that" doesn't mean anything because that's their limits. I agreed on UNLIMITED. If you limit, then DO NOT ADVERTISE your plans as UNLIMITED..  You have to advertise as 600GB max per month, that's it. Advertising as UNLIMITED, then capping this to 600GB and 12 devices is breach of contract and this clause only makes the whole contract VALIDITY nothing more than used toilet paper. So please don't falsely advertise any of your services or products. Cheers 👍

27 REPLIES 27
Raspberryfinn
Investigator
Investigator

I wish the ambiguity of these company terms and conditions to be more clear... WHAT IS FAIR USAGE?? According to who?  Why the word UNLIMITED is defined again and again.. if you promise UNLIMITED, why do I care what is fair what is not? I can use billion terabytes and it's still comes under UNLIMITED AND IT'S COMPLETELY FAIR... If you can't do this, then STOP MISLEADING CUSTOMERS. AND IT IS UTTERLY CALLED FALSE ADVERTISING..  

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Raspberryfinn , if you want to use more than 600GB per month, then I suggest you change to a business plan. You are welcome to make a complaint, but this is not customer service and how many customers actually need that amount or more, unless running a business. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Raspberryfinn : The "fairness" of EE's FUP on unlimited plans refers to the fairness to other users & the network as a whole. If you are hogging a great deal of data there is less for the rest of use to get our hands on during that period.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Raspberryfinn  you clearly know there is a fair usages policy so why did agree to the T&Cs of the contract?  T&Cs are there for a reason and in this case so you don’t hinder the network for other users who like you expect to have a decent network connection and not be affected by someone who thinks that the network is only there for their own personal needs.    Perhaps it should be listed as a 600Gb allowance but then again it’s in the T&Cs that it is. 

You clearly know what UNLIMITED means don't you? Definitions cannot be altered by any terms and conditions. If this is the case, then I could also defend 1 terabyte usage by simply saying something silly like wireless gigabytes does not count the same as cable connections. If we are allowed to redefine the words, there are endless possibilities. Fair usage 600gb isn't fair when advertised as UNLIMITED. Most people don't have time to read all terms and conditions as the Company has no time to read MY terms and conditions including definitions of words. They don't even ask when accept as a customer. So UNLIMITED is false advertising. Most people can't even reach 50GB a month. Fair usage starts from being fairly advertising your services, and products. 

Is this one of the FAIR terms and condition>

"Breaking this Agreement
There are instances in which, because of something You do or do not do, We can
Suspend or Disconnect You from the Services and/or end this Agreement. You may have
to pay Us a Cancellation Charge as a result (see point 6.3 of the terms and conditions)."

Tell us about the fairness of this condition please. 🙂

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Raspberryfinn wrote - First and foremost the word UNLIMITED means there's no limit.

Your Post Title (UNLIMITED data and tethering) and Comments are referring to Unlimited Data Use and Unlimited Tethering Use on EE Unlimited Data Plans, correct?

There is no Data Use limit or Tethering Use limit at 600gb per month, the UL Data Plans are Unlimited, you can still use Unlimited Data and Tethering without any Data Limits.

The 600gb per Month is EE's FUP, after 600gb of Data Use per Month EE may enforce some Data Speed Restrictions until your next Monthly Refresh Data, but there are no Restrictions on how much Data you can use.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi all. 

It always says in the LEGAL BIT the meaning of the words. The same as any contract.  

Unlimited Plans: Uncapped and Unlimited data - If you're outside the UK you'll be subject to the data fair use policy cap (given in your roaming plan). Personal, non-commercial use only. If you regularly tether 12 or more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan. If you are on a Smart Handset or Smart SIM plan you can choose from 3 Inclusive Extras (Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime Video, BT Sport or the Roam Further Pass). 5G Handset customers can gift up to 120GB all other unlimited customers can gift up to 100GB. Data usage on an unlimited plan will decrement from giftable allowance. Any data boost allowance will be added to the giftable allowance.

@EssexBoyEE last paragraph is correct there is no limit,but at a certain usage limit your service maybe restricted (not stopped) or you might be moved onto a more appropriate plan, which is reasonable becase you're not a home user. 

Moaning about the meaning of the word and that it's misleading is a straw man argument as legally EE explain what the term means and limits in its legal section. If you don't read this section or your terms and conditions then that's your fault. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Also see EE Pay Monthly Unlimited data use T&Cs  specifically. There is no redefinition of the word "unlimited" but it imposes certain strictures upon your use of your unlimited data when you exceed the FUP limit of 600 GB pm.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)