cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received txt msg that I’ve used my gift data allowance, but I’ve not gifted any

MsKB
Visitor

I have hot spot to my laptop, but not gifted any data. Why have I received this message? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only talking about data that you may potentially gift from the 1st 100GB of all your data to other nos. on your a/c if you choose to. It's just a warning just in case you wanted to. You may safely ignore it & carry on using data for your own purposes including hotspotting.

As you use data for your own use you are eating into this gifting allowance even when you are not actually gifting it.

Notice that it didn't say "You've gifted data you can gift" just that "You've used data you may gift".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only talking about data that you may potentially gift from the 1st 100GB of all your data to other nos. on your a/c if you choose to. It's just a warning just in case you wanted to. You may safely ignore it & carry on using data for your own purposes including hotspotting.

As you use data for your own use you are eating into this gifting allowance even when you are not actually gifting it.

Notice that it didn't say "You've gifted data you can gift" just that "You've used data you may gift".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)