cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifted data not showing.

Pgallon311
Investigator
Investigator

I gifted 2GB of data from one sim to another this morning and it is showing gifted from one but doesn’t appear on the other - I got no text. 

tried again with 500MB and this time got a notification text but this also hasn’t appeared on the data allowance for the sim I gifted to. 

Update: I don’t think it’s updating data for usage either on the SIM I gifted to as it still has the full amount from the start of the month. 

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pgallon311 : Is the SIM being gifted to in the UK?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes - it’s something I do every month as I have 25GB on one and only 500MB on the other which I have repurposed to use in a security camera. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Do your allowances update if you restart the EE app, @Pgallon311?

James

I did that earlier and it was still showing the data for the main account correct;y but the second account just as the amount for the start of the month. Right now the Appmisnt loading data - it’s often quite flaky,  but in the browser I’m getting the same thing. 

I was hoping it would update in the end as I don’t have time to sit on a support call. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pgallon311,

If you continue to see the same issue in both the app and online, I'd recommend contacting Technical Support on 150 so they can get a ticket raised for you.

If the issue only started this morning, it's worth leaving it for 24 hours or so to rule out a temporary glitch.

James

Thank you I am doing that now. The guy is apparently having to enter it manually as he can see it going out but has not arrived due to “technical issues”. 

MonsterGreen
Explorer

I am having this exact problem. I gifted data from my SIM to another in the same account (I do this every month), my data has reduced by 5mb but the other SIM has not increased.

Was this issue sorted?

Yes -I had to call them on 150 and they did it manually. Said it was a “technical problem” so I wonder if they’ve got a bug and it’s done it to lots of people.