cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss for the last 3 days.

Johno2090
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing about 20% packet loss over the last 3 days and its made using the internet a nightmare. I've checked the area and it keeps saying no issues but theres something wrong!

Using RUTX12 on 2 EE sims.

DG2 8QN area.

Can someone from EE assist with this as the Live chat dosn't work.

17 REPLIES 17
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If those SIMs are on PAYG, Live Chat is not available to you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

They are all on monthly contract.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Johno2090

Have you tried reporting the problem on the status checker? That way our network team will look into it for you.

Chris

|Yeah i report it evey night through the status and never get any response other than no issues in my area. As soon as i switch to a different network i have no packetloss.

Christopher_G

So after you've checked the status and it says 'No known problems in XXX XXX', you've clicked the 'report a problem' button and reported it, @Johno2090?

If that's the case, I would recommend speaking to our technical support team so they can look into this.

Chris

Thats correct, after further testing the packet loss starts about 3pm till 2amafter these times theres seems to be no issues with packetloss.

Sounds like an issue once the kids are back from school , contention on line probably.

Where I live standard broadband and fibre was crap for TalkTalk , EE and PlusNet due to being so far from the exchange. 

Would get errors all day and packet lose in the evenings.

I've moved to a well know fibre company and had no issues. 

It could very well be theres a few large caravan parks around here and im guessing they are flooding the area and using the 4G. Either way there will still be nowhere near the population using it in a town/city and its got to the stage where its barely usuable.

I spent about 2 hours speaking to Technical help tonight and its been hell.....i had to explain what packet loss was to the guy, he had no clue.... I'm really starting to feel disillusioned.

Christopher_G

Hi @Johno2090

I'm sorry to hear that the technical support team weren't able to help you in this instance. I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Chris