Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls new sim

Sam523
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I recently moved to EE.

I inserted my new sim a few days ago, my number has transferred over. I have signal and my phone is not showing any problems but I am unable to make or receive any calls. If I try to make a call there are just three beeps and that is it. Which also means I’m unable to contact EE to speak on the phone. Can anyone help thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sam523 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

When did your number transfer? 

Can you send and receive texts? 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you been able to make & receive calls since receiving your new SIM? Same question for "since porting in? I presume you have restarted your phone since porting in was complete? If not - that's the first step.

Can you send or receive text messages?

I changed the sim on Wednesday and it transferred on Thursday(yesterday). I can send and receive texts.

sam

I haven’t been able to make or receive calls since placing the new SIM card in. I have restarted my phone multiple times and it has made zero difference.

i can send and receive texts.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your ability to send & receive texts proves a network connection. Triple-tones on outgoing calls could be an account-related issue, for which CS are best placed to check your SIM is correctly setup.

They are on 07953 966150 from any working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype.

Hi,

great I will give the Skype call ago and hopefully this will work, thank you