cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G mobile data connection 2 weeks

Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I now hardly ever get a EE 4G mobile data connection in West London TW5. It worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Software update ?

It seems to work on EE 3G. Wifi, calls, texts all ok. Very frustrating ☹️

Occasionally it works at 5am very fast so it can't be phone settings therefore ?

I've reset the mobile itself (Sony Xperia 5; Android 11), APN to default, network settings to default, Airplane mode off & on.

EE Helpline said local mast was working as it should, but masts further away were under repair. EE have now told me that fault have been fixed. They said no point trying my SIM card in another phone (I don't have another device ...) as masts were causing the problem but I still have the same lack of 4G data connectivity.

As advised by EE Helpline (Lee) I tried to connect to Vodafone, etc to disconnect fully from EE & then re-connect to EE but still no 4G mobile data. Rootmetrics test usually fails, says lack of connectivity but when 4G data connected once at 5am test results then were 78bmps download.

EE say my SIM is connected for data ok at their end. I think web pages (e.g. Gmail, BBC News,etc) are apparently taking too long to load on 4G - but fine on EE 3G 🤔

I get 2 or 1 signal bar on my mobile.

Something is preventing the EE 4G signal connecting for mobile data but allows EE 3G to do it. Sometimes it works fine when EE 4G first switched on but within 10 secs data connectivity is lost.

I suspect a simple solution but I'm foxed...

I can't get to an EE store for SIM to be checked but is it wise for EE to post me one ??

Thank you in advance.

55 REPLIES 55
Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I went to central Uxbridge UB1 today. 3 floors up multi storey car park got 134 mbps download 4g mobile data.

Didn't work at home TW5 inside later on.

(OK 3/4wks ago). Worked outside front door 18-32 mbps.

Network Checker says "excellent coverage at my postcode on 4G devices" but that I "won't get coverage on my Sony Xperia 5" which is 4G (but I would get excellent coverage if I had a Sony Xperia 5 II ...). Is this a bug in the Network Checker ??

Maybe it is not the signal strength but its "modulation" or warbling. Is something jamming it e.g. another company's device?? Oh ...

I have to use wi-fi inside.

Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

An Austrian man has been bitten sitting on the toilet by a 5ft python. His neighbour was keeping 11 snakes next door. One escaped & found its way into the sewage pipe. He 'only' got a little nip but it drew blood.

Maybe our problems are all relative ...

marcinxxl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Today i just went to 3 store to get 3 simcard and can not complain so far , for £18 i have unlimited date/calls/msg.  Did speed test and results are good for me , ping 19 , download 89Mb and upload 25Mb , I'm happy with that speed don't need 300Mbs from EE to watch Netflix what i need is access to internet. Shame on you EE.

Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My 4G mobile data suddenly appears to be working - touch wood. I think the signal must be 'different' although there are the same number of signal bars on the phone.

I always felt that it was a signal problem because when the problem first happened I had to hold the phone up nearer a window as web pages took longer to load.

Maybe it was a hard to diagnose fault not present when the engineer was at the mast.

Having reported it several times on the EE page & in several Tech Guru telephone conversations (they were always helpful) I am surprised it took several weeks to fix in an urban area in West London. One community member had to buy a sim from another company. The problem was resolved shortly afterwards ...

Janines87
Visitor

I am having this problem, tried the airplane mode on and off, switching off and on, carrier auto on and off but still nothing, I've got a new SIM card today but same thing! I am a cancer patient and am unable to receive and make calls!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Janines87

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Has the new SIM card been registered for you? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.