cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working and i've tried everything!

Jbowie86
Investigator
Investigator

Please help! I'm on a pay as you go SIM.... mobile data has always worked until 26th May 2023 and then it just stopped with no warning or changes. I left it for a couple of weeks without changing anything, thinking it may be a network issue and still nothing.

I then tried the usual, restarting the phone, turning the airplane mode on/off, resetting the network settings, checking all the settings and then using an apn reconfigure message from EE. Still absolutely nothing.

I've even gone to the extreme of buying a brand new phone to see if this would sort the problem.... Still absolutely nothing. I've also done all the above on my new phone and still do not have mobile data access.

I've checked my account and have 20GB data which has rolled over so that is also not an issue.

Please can somebody help me with this as it's been weeks without mobile data and I need it for work purposes.

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jbowie86 

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you in the UK? 

Can you text BALANCE to 150 from the SIM and let me know the full reply? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Your current balance as of today 11:37 is £0.20. You have 750 minutes, unlimited texts and 20.0GB remaining until 21/07/2023 for your £20 Data Pack. Your remaining data includes 10.0GB of rolled over data. Your last top up was £10.00 on 04/05/2019 at 10:41. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

I am also located in the UK. 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Jbowie86 

What happens when you try and connect to the internet or apps? 

Leanne.

I can only connect with use of WiFi. The icon doesn't even show when trying to use mobile data. All apps/Internet pages state no network connection when mobile data is selected and no WiFi connection.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Jbowie86 

Can you make calls and send texts when not connected to WiFi? 

Leanne.

Yes I can make calls and send texts without use of wifi

Leanne_T

Perfect thanks @Jbowie86 

I would suggest calling us on 150 and the team will get this looked into in more details for you. 

Leanne.

I have managed to find my sim card status via my settings. 

It states that my mobile network status has been disconnected by network.

How would this be possible? And also can it be changed? I do not have the option to change this setting.