cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add ons

Billh1
Investigator
Investigator

I have run out of data on my mobile WiFi unit that I use to connect my laptop to the Internet.  I need to purchase more but the add-on.ee.co.uk process no longer seems to work.  It has just been giving an error message for the last couple of days.  How do I now buy more data?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Billh1   Clear the browser history and cookies and try again. 

Phoned EE earlier.  The PAYG service said that they had updated their purchase options recently and as I was still linked to options from  2018 it may be something to do with that.  They sorted out the data purchase over the phone and said that they would report the problem to their technical people so that access to the add-on page would be restored ready for future data purchases.  However, I have just tried what you suggest and that has restored access the add-on process.  Many thanks.

That's right, the 2 things are not connected. However the add-ons you can get now are probably not the same as you could get in 2018.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Yayshree
Visitor

Having same problem past 3 days. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Yayshree.

Have you followed the advice above and cleared cache and cookies?

Jon

Yes, and it restored access to the MyData system and the add-on process, but it stopped working again shortly afterwards and I had to do it a couple of times more before things settled down.