cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Gifting

Oltunde
Explorer

When I am overseas, how can I gift data from my phone to the usual recipients in the UK?

4 REPLIES 4
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Oltunde ,

Sadly, if your allowance refreshed while you were outside the UK, the official word is that you will need to wait for your return to the UK.

This has been a real pain for a number of customers who were unaware of it and outside the UK for a considerable period and with family members who relied on the gifted data.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/other/data-gifting

Did your allowance refresh and you happen to be outside of the UK or anywhere your plan allows inclusive roaming?

You will not be prevented from gifting data when travelling, unless your allowance refreshes while you’re away. In this case you will have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@Oltunde : Sadly, @mikeliuk 's reply isn't quite correct:

@mikeliuk wrote:

Sadly, if your allowance refreshed while you were outside the UK or EU, the official word is that you will need to wait for your return to the UK

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Many thanks: much appreciated.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)