cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account showing no data allowance

Carolp65
Explorer

17/01/24

currently outside the eu and bill has refreshed and is showing no data. I need to gift some to a family member in the uk. I can’t see my usage on the app..it says EE can’t show it and to try later  but I have been looking at this for the last couple of days. Is there a problem with EE…..I have had no luck contacting them

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolp65 Unfortunately if your tariff reset date occurs while abroad you’ll not be able to gift data until you come back to the UK.   Your account will update once you come back to the UK. 

Has this always been the case? I am sure when I was outside the eu in Jan 2023 I was able to gift data.

Sent from my iPhone
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Carolp65

@Chris_B is right, if your allowance has refreshed outside the EU you will not be able to gift data until you return to the UK. 

If your allowance did not refresh last time whilst outside the EU, you would have been able to gift your data.

Katie 🙂

Hi
Thanks for your reply it’s very useful.
I have just looked at my bill for Jan 2023 and I definitely gifted data to my daughter after my bill refreshed and I was in Vietnam.
I am just wondering when this changed and if it’s different gifting data when I am in Malaysia.
I will be taking this up with EE when I get back.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone