5g slow

jackpalmer96
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone , I hope someone can help me .

Around 2-3 days ago  I had super fast 5g  then all of a sudden it turned off and turned back on now  my  5g is now showing around 0.5 -0.8mbps I have no idea what happened I need it for work so I'm super annoyed .

I have tried :

Turned off my phone 

Reset network settings 

Airplane mode 

Switching networks 

Switching to 4g (same speed on 4g and different network)

Reseting everything 

Nothing seems to work can someone please help 

Screenshot_20231023_231325_Speedtest.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
jackpalmer96
Investigator
Investigator

here is 23/10/23

Screenshot_20231023_232343_Speedtest.jpg

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do other EE users in the same area have the same issue? And do the data speeds vary depending on time of day/day of week?

The first check should be to use "check status" on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee  - then "keep me posted" or "report a problem" depending on the result

Hi  

I checked the status and it says everything working fine and signal is good and I also checked the speed again this morning 

Screenshot_20231024_075154_Speedtest.jpg

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Are you in the UK or roaming?

Hi 

I just came on holiday in France   but previous holidays/places I have had slower Internet but never ever had 0.5mbps-0.8mbps 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The standard answer you will get is EE cannot do anything about the speed of the network when roaming. They may be doing maintenance or have a technical issue which is affecting the network or the links back to the UK.

I assume you have plenty of data left and not not used up your roaming allowance this month?

Hi

Yes plenty of data  but very slow , sometimes I can't load up websites or even a game cause of the Internet being that slow  , and because I need it for work  I need more speed I hope you understand my concern 

Hey,

I'd been having the same issue. I was meant to have fastest speeds but websites wouldn't load for me either. I'd reccomend calling ee through the mobile app and explaining the situation. They reset / updated my sim on their end and then they told me to restart my phone after, and it seems to have fixed the problem for me! 

Hopefully this helps 🙂

Hi 

Still nothing , nothing is fixing it  😞  

0.4mpbs today