Upgrading

Cpives2008
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Had yet another terrible experience trying to upgrade. Firstly I have to say the staff I've spoken to have been excellent. But the systems....

Got a phone call at 1pm as promised the night before to upgrade my watch and phone.  It was put through but then the whole upgrade system crashed! I called back and after a 45 minute hold got through at 2.15. managed to get the details through and when he tried to process the upgrade it wouldn't let him put it through as the system was down again!!!

Got a call back at 4:30 and managed to get further, then got to the point they want to screen share with lightco to sign the contract, but then that wouldn't work!!!!!

Another phonecall at 6:30 and still both systems not running properly!! Now on hold again.....

Have to reiterate that the staff I've spoken to have been extremely good. Still waiting to get my upgrade done.... 🤦

4 REPLIES 4
Mastamilu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had an identical experience. The whole day went trying to get this ordered. And finally on the 5th attempt on a call that lasted 2 and half hours finally got it through and ordered. 

Cpives2008
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When did you finally manage to get it done? Did you have the issue with the screen share thing too?

I got through to screenshare stage at 3pm and clicked the link to approve the contract details. As I was doing that the call cut off. I completed all the approvals and sent it back to then. The advisor called back but then it cut off again. And he never called back! So I had to call again and at 4:30pm got through to another advisor who seemed like it was her first day on the job. It took ages to get to the screen share stage at 6pm when I had approved the document and sent it back time then she put me on on hold again as they system crashed again and she had to start all over again.  It crashed a further time and then finally at 6:30pm I managed to pay my £36 upfront payment to complete the order!! Phew. 

Penguinjen
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It’s taken so long. I really can’t believe how long it took me and I thought upgrading online to the same contract would be easy as EE sell the upgrade anytime in the app blurb. 
Staff have been nice but just wow it’s been a waste of a day and so much stress. I just really hope it’s not a long wait to arrive!