cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

NonaC28
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, my contract ended on the 18th of Nov 2023 I have been trying to upgrade for a few weeks but couldn't find a decent phone deal that didn't cost a bomb so I decided to just upgrade the sim to a pay and go one as my phone is still in great condition so I see no need for a new one. I ordered a new sim last night and have just received a text telling me it has been canceled because I am not eligible for an upgrade. What is going on? I shouldn't have to phone EE for something this simple but the website has just become even more of a joke. Any advice or help would be great. Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Was there a reason you chose to cancel your contract and migrate to PAYG, in preference to changing your plan to a SIM-only one?

And regardless of the reason, why did you order a new SIM? That would ordinarily be a new connection with a new number.

If you definitely wanted PAYG rather than SIM-only, you should have given your cancellation notice via CS and requested a migration to PAYG rather than outright disonnection. If you wanted a change to SIM-only, you could do this either online via your myEE account or by calling CS and requesting it.

NonaC28
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi thank you for your reply. I wasn't canceling anything persay. My contact ended so I was going for an upgrade, I decided not to upgrade my phone so thought I would just upgrade my sim for a cheaper deal with EE. As it stands since my contact ended I'll still be paying a good amount just for the sim and data so thought I'd upgrade to a better deal on a sim. I did this through My EE and it was all fine, until it was canceled the next day and said I was not eligible for an upgrade. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Did you receive any correspondence to say why your order was cancelled, @NonaC28?

James

NonaC28
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It just said that I was not eligible for an upgrade, but I have a text message saying I am due an upgrade and my contract ended on the 18th of Nov 2023 so I have no idea why it's saying I am not eligible. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NonaC28,

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on 150 so a member of the team can take a quick look at your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Also a salutory reminder of the terminology - "contract end" does not mean termination of contract, logically that also means termination of service.

Contractually, the minimum term has ended and termination or change of plan - if requested - becomes fee-free. Nothing else changes