cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade and trade in

mattyuk2020
Investigator
Investigator

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro from a iPhone 13 (23rd March). I filled out details to trade in the 13 during the upgrade process. I got the new handset next day, but no communication at all regarding the trade in, not even on my upgrade confirmation email.
Not wanting to sound like I panicked early on but the day after, I rang 150 to query the process. The gentleman I spoke didn’t seem to have a clue about it all but said I would receive a phone call within 3 days. I’ve received no phone calls.
Looking on this forum I realised you get the pre-paid envelope separately from the new upgrade. 
That’s fair enough, but why no mention of it in an email or a text. I found an email for a trade in query so I emailed that, and the long and short of the reply back to me was ‘Unfortunately we do not currently have an open trade in account linked to your name or email address.’

I am left wondering what is going on here, do I keep the old phone or do I still have to trade in?

Is it normal for trade in details to be on the confirmation email when you upgrade or is it sent separately, if so, I have received neither. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @mattyuk2020 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you upgrade early and the trade in is going to be used to pay for the early upgrade fee? 

When you placed the order did the trade in show at the check out? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi there Leanne 

Yes I upgraded slightly early it was due to run out in May. Didn’t see anything on the checkout about a fee, it merely just said ‘upgrading’ next to my phone number.

And there was nothing I can recall at the check out about a trade in, even though I definitely put details of my old one in for trade in. 
I can show you the confirmation email by private message if that’s ok?

Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back @mattyuk2020 

Sorry we have no access to individual accounts and orders on the community. Please try calling us again on 150, and the team will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne.