cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Anytime odd of having fee removed

PaintOfCoat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Now I understand it'll be best to talk to someone on the phone or in-store but thought I'd ask here.

I'm currently on an Upgrade Anytime contract and about to hit 1yr into it where I can trade my current phone for a new one with the same or higher price contract.

My 1yr is on the 17th October so only just over 2wks to wait, however I'm interested in the Samsung S23 Ultra it's a little bit more than what I pay now and I was wondering if there's a possibility they would allow me to get the new contract but remove the £100 fee or if I would just get told to wait/have to pay it. I don't really want to risk the price increasing or anything like that hence wanting to get it sooner than rather.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they'd be likely to remove it or not? Or if anyone has been in a similar/same situation and what EE done?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@PaintOfCoat  I doubt they’ll remove the fee why would they it’s part of the T&Cs and payment has to be made at the point of purchase.   EE don’t have to do anything so you can have the device you want when you want it. Your upgrade is due as you say in 2 weeks.     You could try calling customer services to see what can be offered though.  Just don’t get your hopes up. 

PaintOfCoat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well worst case I'll wait the 2 weeks which is fine, I've just seen they're open til 10:30pm which I didn't realise was the case on a Sunday. I'll give them a ring when my partner is back from work as he is the main account holder for our contracts and see what they say. Thanks.

PaintOfCoat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just wanted to clarify for anyone who comes across this post that I phoned EE and spoke to a woman who said she wasn't sure if it would let her do it but she would check - it worked!
She offered me to do the new Flex Pay options where you pay 2 DDs, one for the phone and one for the plan (it lowers your monthly cost) I opted for anytime upgrade for just a few £ more than what I pay now as it was the easier/better option for us.
So if in doubt - phone them as you never know.
All I had to pay was for delivery, my new Samsung S23 Ultra arrives tomorrow 🙂