cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help make contract cheaper monthly

Castle87123
Explorer

Hi,

I have a monthly contract which is an upgrade anytime contract so it's it is a little expensive I have called EE to see if there is anyway I can reduce the monthly payments as I am now out of work however they have told me there is no way to make my contract cheaper as I am in a contract and if I want to go cheaper I will have to upgrade to another handset contract when I do not need another handset. They also told me that I cannot pay to pay off the contract. Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
XboxGamer1987
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hello @Castle87123 

If you want the contract cheaper then you will need to pay off your Sim only Plan of it you have a device on Flex Pay with Tarriff.  If you have that.

There will be termination fees involved.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Castle87123  You’ve been misinformed if you’re on any time upgrade tariff and you choose to upgrade any time then you have to have the same cost or more expensive tariff then you currently have.  The only way to get a cheaper tariff is to upgrade in the standard upgrade period which is from 45 days before the minimum term date.    You can pay off the contract to the minimum term date and then take out a cheaper sim only tariff.  You just can not upgrade any time to have a cheaper tariff.    

To pay off the contract it’ll be monthly fee times number of months left in the contract minus 4%.       

You need to call again and hopefully you’ll get someone who knows what they are doing 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Contractually you agreed to the monthly subscription for at least the duration of your minimum term.

If you are within the upgrade window at 45days before minimum-term-end-date, you can request a change of plan to SIM-only which will normally take effect at the end of your minimum term.

If you are in financial difficulties and having problems paying your bills, you do need to discuss that with CS urgently. I suspect just saying "it's a bit expensive" could be viewed as having buyers remorse.