cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised charges

GarethHollis
Explorer

My wife found she has £130 of extra charges this month and then further charges this month from my daughter's phone. 

Looking through her phone, she has a couple of text messages which come from a phone number which Google says is scammers but other than that, we can't see anything else that could have caused this. Whether she clicked something, I don't know but surely any legitimate company is not going to set up a contract with a 12 year old however the charges are apparently from Sony (whether it is the same Sony or a different company using their name for credibility, I have no idea). Between last months charges and this month's charges so far, it's already around £170 and I have no idea where we are going to find that money (that's more than my car cost; we are not well off). If it were a legitimate company, I have to assume you would know if you'd had nearly £200 of product from them whereas my daughter was in complete shock. I can only assume that it is fraud but have no idea what we are supposed to do about it or why we were not informed of these charges as soon as they came in rather than just sending a bill at the end of the month. We didn't even know extra charges were possible without the bill payer first approving it.

Very disappointed but, above all, freaking out about this. 

3 REPLIES 3
GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You should be able to set SPEND LIMIT on any SIM from EE on Pay Monthly contract...

To find out more, You might want to contact 150 from Your mobile (assuming You are the account holder and pay bills) and try to sort this out with EE directly, whilst this is a Community forum, and not really a place to discuss personal details such this)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GarethHollis,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That's great advice from @GosforthUK. Please see How Do I Set Up and Manage Spend Cap? | Mobile Help | EE for more information.

You can also charge to bill services by texting BAR to 150 from the EE phone.

Hope this helps.

James

RAHSouthDowns
Visitor

Exactly the same thing has happened to me! Just discovered it this evening, called EE and got a bar on the service charges but they don’t seem like they take any responsibility for the charges, telling me to contact Sony PlayStation. They said if I think I’ve been the victim of fraud, I need to contact the card provider - in this case that would be EE as they authorised the payments I think… Have you had any luck in finding out how to get a refund?