cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think my phone was previously used as a spam number - locked out of many things

RJ9001
Visitor

I got my number a week ago and this is the first time I am ever using EE. Great service/signal so far, in that part, no complaints.

However, when I went to download Viber (a messenger app I had before) I had to go through a whole process because it told me my number was 'previously used in spam accounts' and I had to unlock it all to use it.

Then, I tried to make a second Twitter account, and it told me I couldn't register with that number. Just not at all. Yet the number doesn't actually exist as a user in their website.

I've had the same problem with a couple other websites.

I am worried that my number has been used for dodgy things, EE has failed to note this somehow and now my number is blacklisted from many places.

What can I do about this? I know numbers get reused all the time, but It seems almost unfair that I have to just keep my old number (which I do not want to keep) for the sake of this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hey there just ring CS up on 150 and explain. Hopefully they can offer a solution. Maybe another number or somethings else that may help 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
_Cathy
Explorer

You don't have to go back to your old number or keep the spam one. Ask EE to change your number to a new one, and to consider waiving any fee for this on the grounds that it's causing problems. Screenshots of what happens when you try to use the number for twitter etc might help convince them to waive the fee. Good luck 🙂