cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly sim upgrade abroad

AMCF-JDFJ
Investigator
Investigator

I am due to go to the states for 5 weeks. My sim is due for upgrade/renewal whilst I am there. Can this be done whilst I am out of the UK. I am trying to avoid early upgrade fees if possible.  

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @AMCF-JDFJ

Welcome to the community. 

Are you looking to upgrade to a SIM Only or another device contract?

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The end of your minimum term is what many people associate with being "due" an upgrade, when this is actually just "entitled" to upgrade if you so wish.

There is no rule that says you must upgrade, if you are happy to continue as you are - that is perfectly fine too.

Hi. I am just looking to do my sim 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AMCF-JDFJ

We do recommend processing upgrades whilst in the UK using the EE network. 

Should you wish to do this when you return from the states your current plan will just continue to roll out of contract till your home. 

Katie

If your just on a Sim Only Plan then nothing will really change, from an Accounts point of view you will just go a Contract Plan to a 30 Day Rolling Monthly Plan. 

You can just leave it as it is or if you wish yo change to a different Sim Plan do it when you come back. 

@AMCF-JDFJ , just make sure that roaming is active on your account before going abroad.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.