cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting to PAYG/SIM Only

lrish_Chick
Investigator
Investigator

After 6 or more years of EE I am delighted to be cancelling my contract soon. However, I want to be able to port my number to a new SIM.

After having my monthly bill raised by over 50% with EE in 18months I think I will stick with SIM Only (wrote PAYG but really SIM only is fine) - what steps should I take to get my number ported before contract ends (I cancel in 19 days then 30 day notice period) as I read on this forum that, once cancelled you cannot get the number.

Please note I will not be staying with EE for PAYG for more reasons than even the most obvious 

Thanks for any help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lrish_Chick    You’re bill went up last year 10.4% and 14.4%in in accordance with your contract terms and conditions,  CPI+3.9%.  

To get your pac code  just text PAC to 65075. You can do this within the last 30 days of your contract and just give that code to the new network provider. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lrish_Chick    You’re bill went up last year 10.4% and 14.4%in in accordance with your contract terms and conditions,  CPI+3.9%.  

To get your pac code  just text PAC to 65075. You can do this within the last 30 days of your contract and just give that code to the new network provider. 

My bill went from £30ish to £46 per month. The guts of 50% more than I was paying. That is the fact.

Sadly quality of service did not improve commensurately. The reverse actually.

Great so I just text? Freaking awesome I could genuinely cry from relief. I really deserve better than this. Thank you.

@lrish_Chick  Your bill was originally £35.28 then last year it then had a 10.4% increase as per the T&Cs of the contract.  That went to £39.38 and then this year had a 14.4% increase making it £46 as per the T&Cs of the contract you agreed too.    This is working out of the £46 figure that you quoted.     That doesn’t equate to almost near 50% but 24.8%   of your original contract price.   And it’s a yearly price increase that you agreed to when you took out the contract.  You’re going to find other networks also do this.