cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix still working without payment

James2575
Explorer

I left ee a couple of months ago, I cancelled my Netflix perk and removed the £9 upgrade. Somehow Netflix is still active, I'm not being charged because I had no previous payment method apart from it being added onto my bill. How is my Netflix account still active without them being able to collect any payment from EE?

12 REPLIES 12
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

When you say netflix is still active, do you mean your account still exists, or that you are able to watch videos etc?

On your netflix account, you should be able to see your subscription status.

3-29.jpg

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

I'm able to watch videos as if I still have a subscription, but Netflix have no way to bill me as I'm not with EE anymore, nor did I have a previous billing method for them to revert to

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Have you checked your subscription on netflix as above? What does it say?

To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

Premium ultra HD, it even says that my billing is through EE

Screenshot_20230718-112224.png

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In this case, I would suggest that you get in touch with the mobile care team by calling 150 from your EE mobile or 07953 966 150 from any phone ans confirm that the addon has been removed and that there are no outstanding charges on your account.

If this is the case, then contact Netflix and ask them to cancel your subscription - or enjoy free Netflix as it's probably a bug on their end! 😊

James did you ever get this sorted?   I also left EE .  I can't change my package or any bank details as Netflix think I'm still with EE. EE confirmed everything was cancelled when I left.

If I try and change my package I get an email from Netflix saying EE have refused. Guessing that's because I'm no longer with them!

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @speedygonzalez

Welcome to the community. 

If Netflix are still not accepting your email address that you used when with EE, I would recommend speaking with our customer care team on 150 to see if there is any further steps they can take. 

Katie

speedygonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

I can log in and watch Netflix fine but can’t make make any Netflix account  changes as it wants me to go through my ee account which no longer exists.