Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from PAYG To PAYM

Harabe
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone,
Just need some advice on how to proceed, as i am abroad and my friend is abroad too (continue reading), we cannot call ee as the rates are exorbitant, so i would love for this to be able to be sorted online.
i have a payg sim with a payg account, friend is a pay monthly customer for 5 years, i will be travelling in a few weeks to the uk for 3 weeks, so i thought to get a 30 day rolling contract as i always do, however this time i thought if i could get it in advance as its only 3 weeks, friend is agreeing on letting me use his account to activate my sim to the pay monthly subscription. I have done this before however its always been after i get there.
I cannot switch my account to paym due to reasons.
Just asking as when ordering a sim on his account it forces him to use one of his own numbers, wouldn't let me input mine (as a test), wouldn't let me add or remove any numbers too for some reason, i remember it used to be there.
TL;DR payg sim with payg account, how to switch that sim to pay monthly under another existing pay monthly account, without calling ee (although can receive texts in case of verification).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't add a PAYG no. to a contract MyEE. They don't mix.

You can switch from PAYG online to contract by Switch to pay monthly and save . Your existing PAYG credit will be carried over as credit towards your future bills. You keep your existing SIM & no. The plan on it is just switched to contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't add a PAYG no. to a contract MyEE. They don't mix.

You can switch from PAYG online to contract by Switch to pay monthly and save . Your existing PAYG credit will be carried over as credit towards your future bills. You keep your existing SIM & no. The plan on it is just switched to contract.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for replying,

It appears i cannot use this service, i have tried sending switch to 150 but it fails, and i tried adding a sim through my own account and it tells me it couldnt log me in. 
Also to clarify i do not want it under my name i want it under friends name,and for the 20% existing customer bonus too, (although i should have it as ive been a customer for 4 years).

Sorry but i completely forgot to mention this, i want to keep the payg sim i have right now, i just want it switched up to pay monthly. as when ordering a sim i see it ask for a PAC code im afraid it will shut off the sim i have right now.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Harabe 

If the new pay monthly account is to go into a friends name they would need to place the order for a new account as this would not be your name and details used, this would be a new number as the pay as you go SIM account is in your name you would need to give authorisation for this to be transferred to a different account name.

If you would like to discuss your options please call us on 150.

Leanne.

Thanks for replying again, 
Yes he can place the order as you said, i believe the payg sim is still in his name as last year we also did this, and when contacting support about my payg it says my own details are incorrect and i have to use friends details, so lets assume its his payg on a different account, is it doable to switch it over to paym while keeping the same physical sim card?
Also sorry but i cannot call 150 as i am abroad, neither can friend.

Leanne_T

Hi @Harabe 

To discuss the account and move this to pay monthly the account holder will need to call us, there is not usually a new SIM card needed moving from pay as you go to pay monthly, but our mobile care team will confirm if this is required when the order is placed. 

If a new order is placed online for a pay monthly contract as a new customer this will send a new SIM card. The account holder would then call us to transfer the pay as you go number to the new pay monthly SIM. 

Leanne. 

Could i call ee on behalf of myself and the account holder?
or could the account holder call ee on behalf of myself, as it is truly impossible for us to meet and call together.

Leanne_T

It would need to be the account holder, as you have advised the pay as you go account has been transferred to your friend they would need to call us @Harabe 

Leanne.

No, it's only the a/c holder who may discuss his a/c or his SIMs with EE, unless he has arranged beforehand with EE for a 3rd party to act on his behalf.

Harabe
Investigator
Investigator

Alright thanks for everything guys,
Last question i promise, in the case the payg sim is still under my name somehow (im not even sure myself) can he call on my behalf?