cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help from an EE agent regarding my account and bills

Aionik
Investigator
Investigator

Previously, I had a contract with EE for two numbers. A little over a month ago, I asked to close this contract and transfer the numbers to Pay to go. At the moment, I cannot see these numbers through my EE account. I can't pay my bills. I can't re-link numbers. I am not in the UK and, in the near future, will not be able to be in the UK. Also, I can’t call, because it would simply be very expensive. Is there any way to link the numbers again in order to be able to top up my account? Or tell me how I can pay my bills differently?

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't get bills with PAYG.

You need to call CS to delete your old contract MyEE a/c & then you can set up your new PAYG MyEE a/c afresh, using the same mobile no. & email addy if desired. You can't mix them under MyEE. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

1) First, I need to pay off the debt that has accumulated over 2 months. I didn’t pay because I thought that I would then pay for everything in one payment when the final payment for canceling the contract arrived. But now I'm not sure I can do that. So I need some way to pay off the debt on the old contract. Previously, I always did this through my personal account, but now this account is not there
2) Do I understand correctly that I need to contact the number you provided, ask to unlink the old contract from my account, and then ask to link the current Pay to go contract?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aionik

That's right, your pay monthly online account will need to be deleted so you can set up your pay as you go online account. 

Did the move from pay monthly to pay as you go happen whilst you were still in the UK?

Katie

No, the transition happened when I was no longer in the UK

As it was switched to PAYG while you were abroad you can't now use it until you return to UK. EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
  1. Try using Fast Payment online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.
  2. Yes, call CS on that no. to remove old a/c. You should be able create new PAYG a/c yourself.

In fact, right now I can receive SMS on it. I haven't tried calling, but for the most part, it's important to me that I can receive SMS.

The problem is that I had 2 numbers on one account. And the bill came exactly to the account. So I don't know how much to pay for each number

I shouldn't think it matters. It's only 1 bill. They aren't separated. Use either no.