How do I cancel a direct debit

Sammarlander
Explorer

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You can usually do this by going into the bank and asking them to do it. Or if you have online banking, there is usually somewhere on there for to access/show your direct debits and from there cancel them. 

But, if you still have a monthly contract with EE, you definitely do not want to cancel the direct debit for it, as this will mean they won't be able to take payments, and then your account will go into arrears. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sammarlander,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you wanting to change the account your direct debit is taken from or pay by another method?

James

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You can usually do this by going into the bank and asking them to do it. Or if you have online banking, there is usually somewhere on there for to access/show your direct debits and from there cancel them. 

But, if you still have a monthly contract with EE, you definitely do not want to cancel the direct debit for it, as this will mean they won't be able to take payments, and then your account will go into arrears. 

I do not get a strong signal in my area ,and keep loosing it at critical moments .I t use to be a lot stronger signal years ago but now I keep loosing it. So I cant see the point of having a dongal for my desk top anymore. So I will cancel my monthly payments. How do I do this ? Regards W.H.

@weaver : Try looking at Bills & Payments > Manage Direct Debit.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G

Hi @weaver 

Welcome to the community.

If you have a contract plan for your dongle, you'll need to speak to our Mobile Care team to cancel your plan, rather than just the Direct Debit. Otherwise the bills will continue to be produced without payment.

It could be that there are maintenance works going on in your area, if this has only started happening recently. You can check the status of your postcode on our coverage checker.

Chris

AnimalLover97
Visitor

Hello there I was just wondering if you had any advice on how to cancel my direct debit that is connected to my back card

@AnimalLover97 DDs are connected to your bank a/c not your bank card. Assuming that's what you meant you can amend your DD under Bills & Payments > Manage Direct Debit.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
roryconnie
Visitor

You can't cancel a direct debit on this link.  You can only change it to another card.  There is no cancel button.  I also do know that I need to cancel with my bank, but also wanted to be sure and cancel with EE.

James_B

Hi @roryconnie,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you cancelled your EE contract or are you just wanting to change your payment method?

If you've cancelled your contract, it's best to leave it open until your final bill has been processed. (This will also allow any refunds due to get back to you.)

It'll be cancelled automatically after the last bill amount is taken/refunded.

James