cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year contract at an end. Why am I still paying for the phone.

Penelope2
Investigator
Investigator

Why am I still being charged the full amount as my contract has ended.

36 REPLIES 36
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Penelope2 

on EE the plan and device cost isn't separate you will need to swap to a sim only contract for your monthly cost to be lowered.

Thanks,

David 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Penelope2 ,

You need to upgrade to SIM-only or make some other Plan/contract change as your monthly cost has been engrossed by the cost of the device but the contract transitions to rolling one month at essentially the same price so you will be disadvantaged if you yet let it run by paying more than you need to.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

EE has no concept of paying off the handset. You agreed to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract. You may always choose to upgrade your contract to a cheaper SIM-Only contract within the last 45 days of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So you pay for your phone twice as the device is included in the plans

Dfson46
Investigator
Investigator

If my contract ends use must be taking my money without permission after my personal contract finishes is that not theft ?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dfson46,

Welcome to the EE Community.

At the end of your contract's minimum term, your plan continues on 30 day rolling basis.

If you'd like to upgrade your phone or switch to a SIM only plan, please visit shop.ee.co.uk/ee-upgrades.

If you'd like to cancel your plan, please get in touch on 150.

Thanks

James

@Dfson46 : These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

EE's contracts have no concept of paying off the handset. You agreed to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This is a con / fraud on behalf of EE. 
if I am taking a plan to pay for a device for 2 years plus the connection fee then after 2 years the repayment for a device should stop whilst the connection fee carries on. The plan should drop be reduced to show that you have paid for a device. 
EE are not doing it now but they used to do it and put responsibility on customers to call them which is in a way a fraud to take money from customers for nothing as device has been paid for! They are making money on customers hoping they will forget like I for example to call them (to be honest I didn’t know I needed to! I thought it would end automatically and the bill will be readjusted) . So I am going to take this further as this is a scheme to scan customers especially taking advantage of vulnerable people and those who forget and cannot track / monitor their contracts. This is clearly unfair scheme and only benefits  EE. What a shame EE. Where is your transparency, fairness and customer service here?? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LarisaW 

All contracts require 30 days notice to cancel and there are a few ways of doing it depending on what you want to do with the phone number once it ends. Have you discussed this with our Mobile Care team? They'll be able to open a complaint for you.

How do I cancel my contract with EE? | Help | EE

Chris