cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been charged for a second number that I never signed up for or activated

defne22
Visitor

Last year, I made a 2 year contract with a new phone. I said I wanted to keep my existing number and was advised in the store that this was fine. I was being charged automatically until recently so I had a look and realized that a second number was added to my account. A number which I wasn't aware about, I never received a SIM for, I never agreed to it and never activated/used it. The team can see that the number was NEVER used. Still they keep insisting I agreed to it. It's not in my contract so it is complete nonsense. I raised a dispute and have been told someone will be in touch. After a few weeks they just closed the dispute and nobody reached out. Now I am being spamed with multiple text messages repeatedly saying my dispute is closed. Both my partner and I will be leaving EE. It's been the worst experience ever. Also by the way, the EE store that has committed the fraud for the second line I never accepted/activated, has closed down. So I can't even complain in store.

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @defne22/.

Welcome to the EE Community.

I am sorry to hear your dispute has been closed without being resolved.

I would love to see if I can help.

When you took this out did you get given any paper work?

Does the second line show the new phone and the other line your previous phone?

Katie 🙂

MS2021
Investigator
Investigator

Please refer it to www.commsombudsman.org

it has been happening to a lot of people. EE know about it but refuse to do anything to tighten their anti-fraud security instead choose to blame customers