cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges

Lconnery86
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys. So my child has a second line on my account that I have capped at £0 so he can’t go over at all. It’s always been capped. However ee have allowed him to spend almost £100 on PlayStation via his phone and then decided to double my add on to £70 even though it’s only £35 per month. Surely they can’t do this? I told them I wanted a £0 cap for a reason and they just decided to allow to him to spend so much without even flagging it. Basically my bill has tripled to over £300 this month

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ee we’re fab they sorted all the issues, wiped the charges and put the actual cap on that I asked for so this should never happen again. Thank you for the help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lconnery86 : There are some costs that EE doesn't control that the Spend Cap doesn't restrict. Charge to Mobile bill is 1 of them. See How do I set up and manage Spend Cap?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lconnery86 

You'll need to speak to EE CS on 150 about this issue. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

That’s ridiculous. I specifically asked if it would restrict everything and got told it would. I wouldn’t have got it otherwise. I’ll be cancelling my phones tomorrow then. Thank you

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hardly sorted lol. But thanks

Ee we’re fab they sorted all the issues, wiped the charges and put the actual cap on that I asked for so this should never happen again. Thank you for the help

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad to hear you have got this resolved with our customer care team @Lconnery86

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.

joannacrow
Visitor

Hi

I'm having a similar problem with my child spending around £250 in extra charges on apple music etc in the last couple of months. How do I stop this as the spend cap doesnt seem to effect it and I wasnt advised this would be possinle when I added the additional line?

Thank you

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @joannacrow

You can apply a spend cap within your My EE account and set the amount you wish to prevent further charges. 

If there is subscriptions that have been purchased you would need to cancel these direct with the provider. 

Should these just be one of charges for purchases a spend cap will stop the ability to do this in the future. 

Katie