cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed and feel ripped off

xinvaderx
Explorer

Loyal customer to EE or T-Mobile as it was when I started using there service that was back in 1992. I get a text message telling me the sim only plans are changing no problem. I call customer services nice lady but tells me the loyalty discount I get will be removed that leaves me with an increase of 300%. I get put through to retentions and I just get “do you want your pac code “ nice. Now I am getting various offers of more data that I don’t use , why don’t they listen to what you tell them.

bye bye EE

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@xinvaderx   EE reserves the right to remove any discount that’s been given you you’re not entitled to it.       You state an increase of 300%  not the actual amount is that because 300% sounds better then the few pounds it is. 

Edfitz
Visitor

I’ve just had the same happen and I’m sure there are many others in the same position. I was more than happy with my plan but EE decided to discontinue my existing plan, migrate me to a new plan and charge me for it. I have made several calls and each time I get a different version of their reasoning. I was told many years ago by a senior manager at an EE store not to ever upgrade my plan because EE were legally obliged to honour the discount even if they changed your plan. This has already happed a couple of times and I always kept my discount. It seems now though that they have either decided to take a chance and remove these loyalty discounts or have found some legal loophole to remove it. Either way they don’t care. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Similar to when the EQ-Virgin was ringfenced and then latterly removed, a while back - these things happen sometimes.

Sounds like you had a good run with the offer.

Voted with my feet moved to another company no more robot voice calls anymore.

Thanks ee without you doing that to me I would still be on a service that doesn’t work for me in my area for others ee might be great.