cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged £30 more than a new customer for Iphone 13 mini?????

TheMidnightHour
Investigator
Investigator

So I've been with EE since 2009, a loyal customer, but now I'm not a happy customer.  Can someone explain why a new customer gets an iphone 13 mini for £42 a month and yet I, a loyal customer of 14 years is paying £72 a month for the same phone.  I feel horribly conned here.  My contract doesn't end until January 2025, so I'm going to be ripped off for another 16 months yet.  Just horrified this is the way long standing customers are treated.

Is there anything that can be done about this, because when the inflation increase hits in March next year, I'll be paying nearly double of what a new customer pays.  Surely this can't be allowed?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TheMidnightHour   Because prices do change over time.   And are you basing that over the same contract length as EE now offer 36 month contract so it cheaper per month and also the same tariff allowance 

TheMidnightHour
Investigator
Investigator

So how do I get my bill to be dropped to a more reasonable rate similar to what new customers get?

On a side note 'prices do change over time' is no defence for ripping off long time customers by making them pay nearly 75% more than a new customer.  That's inexcusable. 

TheMidnightHour
Investigator
Investigator

But thanks for the 36 month tip, wasn't aware of that, it may help reduce my bills.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheMidnightHour 

If you would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our customer care team by calling 150 🙂

Leanne.

SJFLondon
Visitor

These phone companies do not reward loyalty and custom. They used to back in the day - it's why I am thinking I  should move to another company to make the most of a deal.