cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel ripped off

CK232
Investigator
Investigator

I was sold an upgrade to a S23 Ultra for £88 a month. 

The phone is the complete opposite of what I was told in store. You phone agent has informed me that I can not return a phone I bought from the store. Apparently when you buy a phone from the store, you agree to a no return policy. Is that true? 

Why do your inshore agents lie about phones. Can I please escalate to another team? I will not pay £88 a month for something with no special features at all. Did Samsung ask you to lie wbout their phones? The camera is the same as my previous phone and,  the battery is draining every sec. Please help, I feel ripped off . This phone is not worth it at all. 

19 REPLIES 19
CK232
Investigator
Investigator

I agree with you 100% EE are taking the liberties yet claiming to be the best network in 9 years. 

They will lure you into a contract by living about the features of the phone. I got into a contract yet the 

Phone is the opposite of what I was sold. 

Now I am being told I can't return it less than 12 hours after realising how terrible this phone is. 

EE should stop ripping us of our hard earned money. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CK232  There is no cooling off period for store sales.    Did you upgrade from another Samsung phone/android device and transferred your information from that device to this one ?    New phones have a process where they have a setup period and will use more battery power ie they need a settling in time.     The camera in the s23 ultra is better than the s22 ultra for it has a 200mp wide camera compared to the 108mp for wide shots on the s22. Other than that there’s not much in it.      The £88 per month isn’t just for the device it’s also for the tariff and at that price I’m assuming it’s unlimited data perhaps with one smart benefit. 

No it's not unlimited data. It's only 25 Gb. I am not looking for a cool off period, I am saying this is not what I expected and consumers should have a right. 

This phone is not worth the price at all. And how would you justify the same contract being £20 less online and everywhere else. You take advantage of existing customers. This is not fair. I will take it as far as possible. All you guys do is to scroll your tablets and get customers to put a signature after which you talk about no cooling off/ period.  

It's less than 12 hours and I know/ for a fact, the phone has many issues and nowhere near my expectations. There is nothing to justify a £20 difference from everyone else. I need to know what makes you better than other providers. 

Please be careful with EE contracts 

There is no smart benefit.  I didn't get any packages with the contract apart from being told to call Samsung after 30 days to check if they can give me anything.  Come to think about it, he lied because he knew after 30 days, I wouldn't be able to say anything.

@CK232  Your contract is 24 months where most other carriers it’s 36 months so obviously do the math on that.    If you want a cooling period you purchase online or over the phone.  By law you get a 14 day cooling off period with that.  Store sales the device is on front of you so you know what you’re getting.     Unfortunately you can take this no where as there is no law on your side to force EE to take back the device.   Know your rights before hand and what rights you have by purchasing online/phone sale. 

as for EE ripping you off what stopped you from doing your own research on the device before hand to know if it was actually worth getting a 1 year newer device,  quick to blame others and take no responsibility for what you can actually do yourself before hand.   It’s not worth upgrading each year as there’s not much difference between year old devices,  plus that fact to upgrade before your upgrade period you have to have a more costly tariff than the previous one.  That’s why you can upgrade each year because you have to agree to that T&Cs.     You walked in to the store and proceeded to upgrade to a one year newer device and you expected a big improvement over the year old device.    If you want to see big improvements upgrade every 3 years as devices last that long easily.   

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CK232 

Buyers remorse. 

Why did you agree to the device and tariff. You would have had the handset in hand at the time of sale. That is why there is no cooling off like online sales. The only way to cancel is if EE agree to cancel or the device is defective, then you can cancel no penalty. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

The same contract 24 months is £20 less on EE website. The phonebox can't Ibe opened until the contract is finalised. How was I supposed to check the battery of the phone in store? 

Thanks for representing EE on this occasion. This is not going to stop me if that's what you intend to do.1 x

The salesman took advantage of the fact that I was desperate for a phone because my previous phone screen had blacked out completely 

I appreciate that. 

I agreed to the tariff because he said the battery works for 36 hours nonstop and the camera being the best there's on the market. I got the opposite. The phone is not worth it. Probably it was a reconditioned phone sold as new. The phone can not be opened until you sign the contract.