cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling scammed

Kulu400
Investigator
Investigator

So I had a parcel sent to me from France last month and it was taking forever and wasn’t updating. So the person who sent it gave me the number for La poste ( French post office) they said calls are charged at standard international rates.  So a friend who’s fluent in French called for me. She rang couple of times but couldn’t get an answer and was maybe holding 5-10 minutes in total. I checked latest bill and I’ll been charged £67 for the two calls. Obviously had I known this was some sort of premium number I’d never had called. 

I’ve been with EE 15 years or more and actually always been very helpful. If I explain situation would there be any chance of getting a refund ? 

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Kulu400  I doubt it as you intend to call that number.   But no harm in asking and the amount of time spent with EE has nothing to do with it.  It is as a premium rate number that you probably could have google first to see what the cost with be.  It’s always going to be a chargeable call as it was an international call. 

I did actually google it and was no indication it was a premium rate number. Was also quite misleading as it was given as a special number for people in the UK for information. 

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

What French no. did you call?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Kulu400   A “special” number for people in the UK.     You mean you get through to someone who’s speaks English 

It also sounds like the seller might be running a scam.    You purchased an item it doesn’t arrive and tracking doesn’t work.  The seller gives you  a number to call that’s not answered.  You call it twice and I assume it’s not answered twice and you get charged £67 for just making two calls.    

No it’s not actually a scam the parcel did eventually arrive after 3 weeks and if you google the number is attached to La poste. After googling again nothing obviously comes up to say it’s premium rate. This was the number 0033810821821 . Listen maybe if I did hours of research I’d find something.  Also when you call any sort of major service industry in UK it’s never premium rate, in fact a lot are free phone. So it actually never even crossed my mind tbh. 

Basically the gist of this is I’ve been a very loyal customer over many years. I’ve called a number I obviously wouldn’t have called had I known the cost. So is it likely they might show me some good will. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kulu400 

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

To get the charges looked into, please call us on 150 and one of our guides will be happy to help.

Leanne. 

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

How many mins. does your bill say you were connected in total?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)