cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for a sim deal

Demo8989
Investigator
Investigator

Recently decided to leave three network and come to EE only to be told I got declined for a sim deal. My credit score is 650+ I have tried to dispute it but I’m getting no where 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Demo8989 ,

Welcome to the community,

Have you spoken to customer service to ask why the deal was declined? 

There is no account access here you would have to query that with EE customer service.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I have spoken to the disputes team by email only because I was told by the pay as you go team that it was stupid to be declined for a sim deal  the person who emailed about the dispute told me his decision was final that I couldn’t have a sim deal. I mean come on it’s a bloody sim deal I’m in full time employment credit score above 650+ I left three network to join EE as a new customer so now I’m stuck on pay as you go until I can get a sim deal. If you can provide me a number to ring and ask about this situation I would much appreciate it this is what they sent me back. 

Dear Mr Love,

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate this may not be your desired response, however it is my final position on the matter, and I will not correspond any further with regards to your request.

Should you wish to further your complaint please visit http://ee.co.uk/regulatory for advice on how to do so.

Yours Sincerely

Gary Hutchison

Credit Referrals Underwriter

Credit Referrals

@Demo8989  Here is the number to ring them:

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Sandra641
Explorer

Same I was with BT FOR 25 plus years and still am for my b t wii fi . When my 24 month I phone 11 ended and was paid . As EE is now the main partner , I tried to upgrade but my credit was declined ! NO ONE TO DISPUTE IT WITH ,  told to check my credit score with Experian etc , cos I don’t have credit score as I pay all on direct debit and have no debt ! No score , told me not enough info on me ! So I don’t exist & therefore cannot have credit or a score ! Oh what a lot of bollox it all has become ! Will have to buy off e bay when can afford an upgrade ! Good luck mate 😌 

@Sandra641  if you want a iPhone you can purchase from Apple directly.    You’re expecting EE to give you credit and because you have no credit history EE sees this as a risk not just to them but they don’t know if you can afford this as you have no credit history so they are protecting you. 

Oh yes I see what u mean 😌in my logic it isn’t like that.  But the real world is abit different ! Lol I will save and buy next year now . As I have managed to secure a simm card good deal fm E E now ( since that ) so price of I phone 14 , will be less & may even see if the pro is better ! Thanks for your input and good luck to u x